There are many options for treating aging skin with natural home remedies. Fresh fruits supply antioxidants and alpha-hydroxy acids.
- Egg whites are a standard anti-wrinkle treatment as they nourish while also refining the skin.
- Honey helps to hydrate the skin.
- Try simply rubbing the inside of a papaya skin or a fresh banana peel on the face for a quick and easy food facial.
- Whip up one egg white and one tablespoon of cream. Use as a face mask to refine pores and tighten sagging skin.
- Blend grapes, strawberries, or fresh cucumber in the blender with enough honey to make a paste. Apply to the skin and leave on for 15 minutes before washing.
- Mashed up and massaged onto to the face, avocado is great for dry, tired skin. Simply apply to the face for 15 minutes and then remove with warm water.
Cucumber Cream Reduces the Effects of Aging
This cucumber night cream is effective as an anti-aging skin treatment that works overnight to tighten facial skin.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cubed cucumber
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup olive oil
Blend all the ingredients in a blender. You should blend until smooth and no cucumber lumps remain. Then apply to the face before bed. Wipe off any excess cream with a tissue, but leave it somewhat moist so that it can absorb into your skin overnight.
Another favorite–and a very popular choice for tired eyes–is a treatment consisting of cucumber slices placed over the eyes. This reduces puffiness from too much salt or caffeine, or from too little sleep.